Principles and benefits of a Yoga practice
May 18, 2020
Principles of a Hatha Vinyasa practice
- Flow, enjoy, and express any desired movements.
- Creates internal heat
- Target muscles through a contraction
- Encourage the practitioner to be aware of self
- Feel which movements are appropriate to obtain natural balance.
What are the benefits?
- Calm mind
- Self Improvement
- Body awareness
Principles of a Yin Yoga practice
- Identify the target area.
- Explore variations.
- Find the right edge.
- Support with props if necessary.
- Relax muscles and body scan to check where tension is.
- Cultivate stillness.
- Stay long in the asana to feel the benefits.
- Breath awareness.
- Be mindful and present. Witness thoughts and emotions.
- Rebound: Be conscious and move slowly when coming out of the asana.
Benefits of Yin Yoga
- Prevents contracture of ligaments (natural shortening of ligament tissue)
- Lubricates joints
- Fascial release
- Stimulates the flow of Qi and fluid in the body.
- Creates a bridge from asana to meditation, nourishing acceptance and passiveness.
- Naturally restores energy.
- Stillness is the goal, and relaxation is the key.